When does the Sun Sentinel Children’s Fund Inc. accept requests?
With many strong nonprofits in our community, our application process is now by invitation only. The Sun Sentinel Children’s Fund. Inc. only reviews requests once a year. The application process will be open in May/June. Formal letters to designated nonprofits will be sent with more information on the process and timeline.
What type of opportunities is the Sun Sentinel Children’s Fund Inc. looking for?The Sun Sentinel Children’s Fund Inc. is looking for opportunities where we can have a strong partnership with a nonprofit partner. In an effort to continue to give back to the community and align our giving with our company’s goals and objectives, we’ve looked at the resources we can best provide nonprofits and will be offering digital subscriptions, cash awards and in-kind donations to nonprofits who can best benefit from these assets. Invited nonprofits that apply would need to show that they could use the following resources to best meet their mission and/or programmatic goals.
- Digital Subscriptions
- Awardees would be given a predetermined number of digital subscriptions. Digital subscriptions include unlimited access (24/7), access to newsletters, and website and app content. Subscriptions would also offer a replica feature that translates content in all languages.
- A requirement is that the nonprofit can assure that the individuals they are helping have access to a computer and have an email so they can receive the digital subscription, and that as part, they facilitate the individual registering to receive it as part of the services they offer.
- Small cash grants awarded to help the nonprofit further their mission or programmatic goals.
- In-kind Donations
- Access to the SunSentinel.com and in-paper to promote their nonprofit through ad campaigns
- Ad placement is determined by space availability
- Ads can only be used to promote mission, services or impact of the group. Fundraising ads are not allowed.
- We provide curriculum and educational tools for life skills and citizenship
How do I apply for an award?
With many strong nonprofits in our community, our application process is now by invitation only.
Where do I send my proposal?
If you are one of the nonprofits invited to apply for a Sun Sentinel Children’s Fund Inc. award, your nonprofit will receive a formal communication with more information on the process and timeline around May/June of each year. Invited groups will be asked to provide a Letter of Intent (LOI). LOIs will be reviewed and a select group of nonprofits will be asked to submit a formal proposal for further review.
Nonprofits selected to submit a proposal will be given direction on how to best submit the proposal.
What is the Sun Sentinel Children’s Fund Inc. review process?
Invited groups will be asked to provide a Letter of Intent (LOI). LOIs will be reviewed and a select group of nonprofits will be asked to submit a formal proposal for further review. Preference will be given to nonprofits that meet at least one or more of new focus areas and can best utilize the resources provided by the Sun Sentinel Children's Fund Inc.
Please remember, an invitation to submit an LOI or a proposal does not guarantee your nonprofit will be selected to receive funding.
Applications will be reviewed by the administrator and presented to a local Sun Sentinel Children’s Fund Inc. advisory board for final consideration.
How do I check on my award request?
We will announce our nonprofit partners by August via email. Please make certain we have the correct contact information when submitting your proposal. Based on staffing, we are not able to respond to calls for status checks.
How will I be contacted regarding the status of my award request?
An e-mail will be sent with information regarding our announcement of our nonprofit partnerships.
Is there a dollar limit for approved awards?
Awards are funded based on the type of partnership with the nonprofit and the impact it will have.
May my nonprofit apply for more than one award request per year?
We do not consider more than one request per fiscal year (October - September) for each nonprofit.
Is there a contact if I have any questions?